Search Real estate records
Military Discharge (DD214)

The Butler County Recorder's Office encourages Veterans to have their military discharge papers (DD214) recorded in the county recorder's office.  There is no charge to record or obtain a copy of a military discharge.

Military discharges have restricted public access.  ORC 317.24 allows authorized parties to request copies of recorded military discharges.  Proper identification MUST be presented to view and receive copies.

Authorized parties include the Veteran, a County Veterans Service Officer, an individual with Power of Attorney for the Veteran, the Executor of the Veteran's Estate, a funeral home director.

Copies of DD214's must be requested in-person at the Butler County Recorder's Office by an authorized individual.

If you have lost your DD214 and have never recorded it, the Butler County Veterans Service Commission can direct you in obtaining a copy.  Offices are located in Hamilton and Middletown with certified Veteran Service Officers accredited with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) available to assist with receiving your DD214, Service Military and Medical Records.  Please call 513-887-3600 for assistance.

Search the DD214 database